Relay for Life of Tacoma
Join the American Cancer Society for the (Virtual) Relay For Life of Tacoma, Friday, May 21st at 7pm
Since it is not safe for us to gather on the track at this time, we will gather virtually on May 21st.
We welcome you to join us from the safety of your own homes as we virtually celebrate our Survivors, shout out our AWESOME teams and sponsors during our virtual parade of teams, and remember those touched by cancer during our virtual Luminaria ceremony.
Highlights will include:
• Virtual Survivor Lap – Cheer on our heroes, our beloved Survivors, during the Virtual Survivor Lap.
• Parade of Teams – Let’s hear it for our dedicated teams still raising funds from home.
• Our Luminaria Ceremony of HOPE will feature the family of Leon Mitchell. If you have been Relaying in Tacoma for a while you will remember Leon for his positive attitude throughout his multiple battles with cancer inspired many and his mantra of Knot Now Or Ever will cancer triumph over him.
• Finally, we will FIGHT BACK against cancer by making a pledge to continue to Relay no matter what this pandemic throws at us. We may be apart right now, but one day soon we will be united and our resolve to end cancer will be even stronger.
• We will also have chances for you to share photos and memories in the comments
and prizes…did we mention prizes? Raise $100 before the virtual event and you will find your name on the prize wheel.
• We have an incredible broadcast planned. Grab your favorite beverage, tell your friends, and let’s spend some time filling up our HOPE tanks.
Thanks to our generous sponsors Columbia Bank, Key Bank, Sound Credit Union, Harborstone Credit Union, and MultiCare for their continued support of our event and the fight against cancer.